Sunday, March 15, 2009

As Good A Day as Any

Well this is day one of our blog. Eric and I have been together forever! Ok, not forever, but a very long time. We actually celebrate our Sweet 16th wedding anniversary in a couple of months, May 29. Its strange how time passes us by so quickly. Its even kind of sad to think that with a milestone of 16 pretty good years that we can't spend it together. With Eric off doing his part to fight the war on terror, I stay behind and do my small part which is pray for his and his unit's safety and speedy return, pace the floors, ignore the nightly news, and wait patiently (well not really patiently) for his phone calls and emails.

I am fairly new to this whole world of blogging and have only thought of using it for professional purposes. However, my best friend has an amazing blog and I can't help but feel as though I am missing out. I know that I have close friends and family that never know what Eric and I are up to, since it seems as though we are always moving from place to place . This could be a very good way to keep those interested up to speed.

I also like the idea of having a different way to communicate with Eric by sharing daily happenings on my side of the world and hopefully he will share what is happening on his side of the world. We will see if that works, my sweet husband tends to boycott such new technologies and he may get all Irish on me ( or hillbilly, take your pick) and refuse to participate. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment